Friday, June 29, 2007

Marco at the Lavandaria


Marco is a neighbor of Evelia´s who runs a laundry service just down the street from the school. He is a good friend of Evelia´s daughter, Veronica. He and his wife run an open air laundromat in a little store on the street. All the students take their weekly laundry to Marco and he gets it done in a few hours. I took my laundry to him last Saturday and he has waved at me and greeted me every day ever since. This is the kind of neighbor I´m experiencing in Mexico.


I have about 90 minutes of homework every evening. Last night as my reward after finishing my homework, I turned on the soccer game between USA (Estados Unidos) and Argentina. I really enjoyed watching it and hearing the Spanish commentators. GOOOOL!!! When anyone scores that´s what they scream. Unfortunately, USA lost to Argentina 3-1. Evelia does´t watch soccer, but lots of Mexican do.

I have my first exam on Monday. Andrea and I finished the first lesson book today. Some of the students went to the major outdoor market in Cuernavaca. I am getting ready to go to the silver capital of Mexico on Saturday, so am staying home this afternoon.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn,

We are so proud of you that you have learned to Blog! Thanks for sharing your summer story with us.

Your amigo,

Jeff